Friday, April 2, 2010

Muffin pt 4 - Days 4-6

| |

So here's a photographic summary of Muffin's first 4 days in my studio:

She was barely detectable on day 1...


She was still barely detectable on day 2, but she made friends with a LADYBUG!

And then she ATE and DRANK!

And then I started finding kitty debris all over the place... so she must have been around cleaning herself and lying on things!! I imagine she started rolling at some point on the carpeted scratch post... I bet it felt WONDERFUL for a kitty who's been semi-matted from lack of personal hygiene for the last... well, who knows how long she's been that way?!

In the last two days, Muffin has really been doing well! She now realizes that when I go into the studio I'm not going to touch her or pick her up or hurt her - I just say good morning/afternoon/evening and then walk around, tending to the gradual completion of the reno I'm doing in there (re-assembling cabinets, clean-up, etc). I try not to stay too long... no more than 10 minutes at a time. The last three times I've gone in she has been comfortably sleeping either on the bed or on top of the scratch post, and has opened her eyes to let me know she sees me, yawned, stretched, and put her head back down and gone back to sleep in her favourite sunbeams! AWESOME! She trusts me enough to keep her eyes shut out in the open of the room :) I also sometimes see her in the window when I leave for work in the morning, sunbathing, as usual! I'm so happy to see her enjoying the sun like a regular kitty... something she hasn't seen in a while!!

I don't mean to make it sound like she's been receiving secondary care at the Humane Society - she absolutely has NOT. She has been allowed to come out of her cage here and there, but she's generally been terrified and wanted to just bolt back into her cage as soon as she was put on the floor. She also is NOT okay with being brushed, combed, or trimmed, so helping her with her hygiene pretty much only gives her mild heart attacks. She still had the occasional significant mat cut out, but generally she'd much rather live a little on the grimy side than be touched. I think she'll come around though - she has, after all, recently decided that it is possible to be safe out of a cage!!!

All that being said, when I went in 15 minutes ago to get a picture of her on her scratch post, she ran... lol. Bitch. I LOVE YOU MUFFIN.


0 comments:

top

Post a Comment